Applications are still open!
TRACES | TRAining the next generation iCE researcherS
Eligible Doctoral Researcher (DR) candidates
How to apply
Candidates may apply for more than one fellowship (maximum 5), but only a single application has to be produced, in which the Candidate must provide the list of fellowships for which they are applying. The list must be completed in order of preference.
List of Mandatory Documents to be provided:
- Application Form: personal and contact information, and the list of IRPs, in order of preference, for which the candidate is applying (Online Application Form)
- Letter of motivation (approx. 1 page): the candidate needs to describe his/her current scientific interest, the specific interest in a (or more) particular project, and any relevant skills, experience, or knowledge that fit the role.
- Detailed CV (Curriculum Vitae/ Resume), including the publication list (if any). Please note that the CV should indicate the starting and ending period of education, work, and research experiences.
- Copies of degree and academic transcripts (with grades and rankings), for both the Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. Academic records not written in English should be accompanied by a translation into English (it can be either an official translation or self-translation). If the candidate has not been awarded the qualifying degree yet, he/she should provide a document proving the expected date of award.
- Summary of Master’s thesis (approx. 1 page)
- Names, email addresses, affiliation and roles of three referees: references letters can be uploaded as optional documents
- Scanned copy of a valid national ID, passport, or equivalent
List of optional additional documents the candidate may submit:
- English Proficiency Certificate (C1): You may upload a scanned copy of your English Proficiency Certificate (C1), according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages https://www.coe.int/en/web/common-european-framework-reference-languages
- Publications in the form of papers in peer-review journals or conference proceedings. Manuscripts not accepted for publication yet and these should not be submitted. For open-access publications, a single text document with the link to the publication(s) should be preferred.
- Referees’ Reference Letters: you may upload three reference letters from the referees suggested
All the above-mentioned documents must be sent through the Online Form.
This is a compulsory procedure, any other means/format for applying will not be accepted.
All data provided by the applicants are processed solely for the TRACES call for applicants.
The EU provides support for each recruited researcher in the form of
- a living allowance
- a mobility allowance
- if applicable, family, long-term leave, and special needs allowances
In addition, funding is provided for
- research, training, and networking activities
- management and indirect costs