To investigate the effects of ice roughness experimentally and numerically on laminar-turbulent transition and characterize ice structures transitional region.
- Experimentally characterize the transitional region in order to develop models on the extent of this region and on the intermittency. Investigate the correlation between these parameters and the roughness characteristics
- The experimental model and the measurement methods will be adapted from recent works in ONERA regarding roughness. The investigated rough surfaces will be derived from real ice characterization
Robust design and virtual certification of a hybrid ice mitigation system (PWG2)
- Ducaffy, M. Forte, O. Vermeersch and E. Piot. An experimental study of the effects of surface roughness on the laminar-turbulent transition of a 2D incompressible boundary-layer. AIAA Scitech 2021 Forum, Jan 2021, Virtual event, United States. AIAA 2021-0247, https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2021-0247
- Radenac, A. Kontogiannis, C. Bayeux and P. Villedieu. An extended rough-wall model for an integral boundary layer model intended for ice accretion calculations, 2018 Atmospheric and Space Environments Conference, June 2018. AIAA 2018-2858, https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2018-2858
- F. Kerho and M. B. Bragg. Airfoil Boundary-Layer Development and Transition with Large Leading-Edge Roughness, AIAA JOURNAL, Vol. 35, No. 1, 1997. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.65
A monthly amount of 4557.60 € will be provided by the Research Executive Agency. This sum is made up of the monthly Living Allowance in the amount of 3957.60 € which already includes the country coefficient specified by the European Commission and the Mobility Allowance of 600.00 €. Moreover, a family allowance of 660.00 € is provided if the recruited doctoral candidate has or acquires family obligations during the action duration. This monthly amount corresponds to the budgetary burden for the employment of the EU researcher and equals the gross salary (i.e. before any deductions, such as health insurance, social security, taxes…) for the activities to be remunerated.