To design in-flight and real-time multi-level ice detection technologies accounting for operational uncertainties
- Simulation of complex three-dimensional rotor ice structures, including performance degradation and ice-induced vibrations;
- Assessment of the acoustic analogies most suitable for ice detection
- Formulation of a robust and reliable multi-level ice detection system for helicopter rotors and UAVs propellers, based on the aeroacoustic signature of iced blades and on performance and vibration parameters.
Detection of ice conditions in aeroengines by performance indicators and acoustic sensors (PWG1)
- Morelli, M., Zhou, B. Y., & Guardone, A. (2020). Acoustic characterization of glaze and rime ice structures on an oscillating airfoil via fully unsteady simulations. Journal of the American Helicopter Society, 65(4), 1-12. https://doi.org/10.4050/JAHS.65.042004
- Zhou, B. Y., Gauger, N. R., Morelli, M., Guardone, A., Hauth, J., & Huan, X. (2020). Development of a Real-Time In-Flight Ice Detection System via Computational Aeroacoustics and Bayesian Neural Networks. In AIAA Scitech 2020 Forum (p. 1638). https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2020-1638
- Zhou, B. Y., Gauger, N. R., Hauth, J., Huan, X., Morelli, M., & Guardone, A. (2019). Towards real-time in-flight ice detection systems via computational aeroacoustics and machine learning. In AIAA Aviation 2019 Forum (p. 3103). https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2019-3103
A monthly amount of 3,911.60 € will be provided by the Research Executive Agency. This sum is made up of the monthly Living Allowance in the amount of 3,311.60 € which already includes the country coefficient specified by the European Commission and the Mobility Allowance of 600.00 €. Moreover, a family allowance of 660.00 € is provided if the recruited doctoral candidate has or acquires family obligations during the action duration. This monthly amount corresponds to the budgetary burden for the employment of the EU researcher and equals the gross salary (i.e. before any deductions, such as health insurance, social security, taxes…) for the activities to be remunerated. Depending on the status of the DR deductions are usually below 20% in Italy.