To introduce a robust procedure for assessing the model error for any model used during the simulation, to calibrate model parameters considering systematically the model error, to combine several models’ predictions to improve the overall prediction capabilities
- Assess the calibration procedure by detecting potential inaccuracies of any model
- Perform an uncertainty quantification study propagating systematically the posterior distribution of each model’s parameter
Robust design and virtual certification of a hybrid ice mitigation system (PWG2)
- Cortesi, P.M. Congedo, Forward and backward uncertainty quantification with active subspaces: Application to hypersonic flowsaround a cylinder. Journal of Computational Physics 2019, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcp.2019.109079
- F. Sanson, C. Bertorello, J.-M. Bouilly, P.M. Congedo, Breakup prediction under uncertainty : application to upper stage controlled reentries from GTO orbit, Aerospace Science and Technology, Volume 87, April 2019, Pages 340-356, 2019.
- F. Fusi, P.M. Congedo, A. Guardone, G. Quaranta, Multifidelity Physics-Based Method for Robust Optimization Ap-plied to a Hovering Rotor Airfoil. AIAA Journal, 2015, Vol.53: 3448-3465.
A monthly amount of 4557.60 € will be provided by the Research Executive Agency. This sum is made up of the monthly Living Allowance in the amount of 3957.60 € which already includes the country coefficient specified by the European Commission and the Mobility Allowance of 600.00 €. Moreover, a family allowance of 660.00 € is provided if the recruited doctoral candidate has or acquires family obligations during the action duration. This monthly amount corresponds to the budgetary burden for the employment of the EU researcher and equals the gross salary (i.e. before any deductions, such as health insurance, social security, taxes…) for the activities to be remunerated.